It’s hard to stand out in the speaking world.
One glance at the list of various options on a speaking agency website, and it’s easy to see – everybody’s an expert.
So what makes you stand out?
YOU know the value you offer.
The steps to building your brand is quite simple:
- Know your brand.
- Build your brand.
- Convey your brand message.
Let’s take a closer look at each step.
Know your brand.
Even if you think you already known your keynote speaker brand, don’t skip this step.
Take some time to reflect.
What really makes you different from other motivational speakers?
What’s your IT factor?
How would you differentiate yourself from the competition?
Then, consider how your audience perceives that messaging:
Do you truly engage your audience?
Is your content head-and-shoulders above the rest?
Do you bring more energy to the stage?
Does your audience experience transformation?
Your answers to these questions will inform your brand.
Build your brand.
In this step, you’ll create deliverables that spread your brand message.
Some ideas to consider include:
- Getting professional headshots and photos of you in action.
- Building social media profiles. The best platforms are the ones that your primary audience is on. Take some time to explore Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and others and see which platforms will best suit your brand.
- Building a website – if you don’t already have one. Make sure the look and feel, as well as the copy, accurately conveys your messaging.
Convey your brand message.
Now, you’ve come to the fun part.
- Start engaging your audience.
- Connect with people on your social media networks.
- Build an email list.
- Use your email list to engage followers on a deeper level.
- Grow your authority, educate and entice people to buy your books and other product.
- Let people know where and how they can see you speak.
Consider your marketing strategy
Just booking speaking gigs is not enough.
You want to capitalize on your marketing strategy every time you step foot on the stage.
- Do you have a way to direct your audience to your website?
- How easily can they join your email list?
- Can you create digital products that let people become customers, without spending a lot of money? Create a paid ebook that you sell for $9.99 or $19.99 to get people to become customers without investing a lot, and then use email messages to build your authority and engage customers into moving to the next – and more expensive – product or service.
With a definitive motivational speaker brand, you’ll take your business to new levels.
Take the time to develop your messaging, connect with your audience, and offer them valuable tools and products that provide them with a clear path to growth.
How effective is your speaker brand?